Interested applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply to HER Voice:
- South Africa
To be eligible to HER Voice funding, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in one of the 13 countries listed in the section eligible countries.
- Be a registered or unregistered group, network or community-based organization of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) or young people; or a community-based organization implementing programs for AGYW and/or youth.
- Be working on or willing to engage in national policy discussions, program design and monitoring processes relevant for Global Fund supported programs; and with focus on adolescent health, HIV prevention and treatment, sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender-based violence (GBV).
- Demonstrate community work experience and willingness to mobilize peer groups.
HER Voice Fund support logistic and administrative costs related to the 4 areas below:
Various activities qualify for funding under HER Voice. The list below is not exhaustive and provides examples of activities that can be supported under HER Voice.
• Administrate costs related to community based activities such as: Community consultations and mobilization that are relevant to national or sub-national/ district AGYW and youth related policy and programming processes related to adolescent and young women’s health. These could include communication costs travel, venue hire, stationery and other related meeting costs.
• Travel and accommodation costs related to participation in constituency, community or national consultations relevant to national AGYW and youth related policy and programme processes supported by or linked to the Global Fund. This may include preparation of funding requests, programme design, grant making, monitoring of programmes and reviews.
• Travel and accommodation costs related to participation in relevant country processes on issues that affect adolescent and young women’s health.
• Internet costs related to participation in online meetings or group chats related to community or national consultations or other information and experience sharing platforms relevant for AGYW and youth related policy and programming processes supported by or linked to the Global Fund.
• Translation of document for the purposes of understanding relevant AGYW and youth related policy and programming processes supported by or linked to the Global Fund.
Samples of Activities not to be Funded with HER Voice Fund
- Engagement Activities which do not directly support the meaningful of AGYW
- Global fund Processes; Consultations for men who have sex with men
- Filling gaps in services delivery for AGYW in training for Health workers
- Fund raising for Individual Organization
- CCM meeting training or CCM related activities which should be covered by CCM community engagement budget. i.e. CCM Orientation programs
- Engagement in processes related to other funds partners i.e. Consultations for PEPFAR
- Countries beyond the 13 Global fund priority Countries